DPD will pass your customer information to MailChimp using the MailChimp API. This is a store level option, allowing you to create targeted lists for specific store profiles in your DPD account.
To set up the integration, please do the following:
Please note: It would be beneficial to have both MailChimp and DPD open in two tabs or browser windows during the integration. You'll need to copy and paste an API key from MailChimp to DPD to complete the integration process.
Step 1: MailChimp Setup
- Log in to your MailChimp Account
- Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel and choose Profile.
- Click the Extras menu and choose API keys.
- Copy an existing API key or click the Create A Key button to create a new key to use with DPD
Step 2: DPD Setup:
- Log in to DPD
- Choose the store you want to integrate with MailChimp from the store pull down at the top of the screen.
- Click on Integrations from the left navigation.
- Click on + Add next to the MailChimp integration.
- Paste in your MailChimp API key from step 1 (above).
- Click on Next Step.
- Choose the list to subscribe your customer to.
- Click on Save
Thats it! When you make a sale through the website you have set up the customer information (email, name) will automatically be passed to the MailChimp list you specified. Once you make a sale you can check back with MailChimp to make sure they received your customer data.