DPD will pass your customer information to GetResponse using the GetResponse API. This is a store level option, allowing you to create targeted lists for specific store profiles in your DPD account.
To set up the integration, please do the following:
Step 1: GetResponse API Key
- Login to GetResponse and get your API key from http://www.getresponse.com/my_api_key.html
- Select and copy the API key
Step 2: DPD Configuration
- Log in to DPD
- Choose the store you want to integrate with GetResponse from the store pull down at the top of the screen.
- Click on Integrations from the left navigation.
- Click on + Add next to the GetResponse integration.
- Enter your GetResponse API key from step 1 (above).
- Click on Next Step.
- Choose the list to subscribe your customers to.
- Click on Save
Thats it! When you make a sale through the website you have set up the customer information (email, name) will automatically be passed to the GetResponse list you specified. Once you make a sale you can check back with GetResponse to make sure they received your customer data.
Note: GetResponse defaults to double opt-in for all of your contacts added via the API. They will appear in your unconfirmed list. Contact GetResponse if you need to change this to single opt-in. DPD is unable to change that on your behalf. You can request the change to single opt in by visiting: http://dev.getresponse.com/contact/ Fill out the form to request the switch to single opt in. Enter your name, email, subject. In the message put your user name, which campaign and that you want to disable double opt in.