PayPal Express Checkout method can be used with all business PayPal accounts, including PayPal Standard accounts. You do not need to sign up or pay for PayPal Advanced or PayPal Pro to use Express Checkout.
Obtaining your PayPal API credentials:
(It is helpful to have two browser windows open to copy the API credentials from your PayPal account to your DPD payment method.)
1. Log in to PayPal
2. Click the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, and select Account Settings from that menu
3. On the Account Settings page select Website Payments from the left side of the page, and then select Update on the right side of the API Access section
5. On the API Access page, select NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic) and you'll find the API credentials you need there.
6. On the API signature page, carefully copy and paste the API Username, API Password, and API Signature to your DPD PayPal Express payment method setup as outlined below.
Activate the Express Checkout method in your cart / checkout:
1. Log in to DPD
2. Select your cart store if it is not already selected using the dropdown selector at the top right of the page.
3. In the left menu, click settings the Payments option in the left menu under Settings to open the payment method selection page
4. On the Payments page, find PayPal Express Checkout in the list of available methods and click the "Configure PayPal" button
5. Copy-and-paste your PayPal API credentials from your PayPal account as outlined above to DPD and then save.
Optionally you can select a checkout label to be displayed beside the PayPal logo during checkout. You can also leave this blank (which will only display the PayPal logo with no label beside it).